Tommy Daspit Photography School- Intermediate Digital SLR Photography
Intermediate Digital SLR Photography
The first class in not a prerequisite for this class, however it is highly recommended if you are not very experienced with SLR photography. In this class we will go a bit beyond the basics and get into more advanced camera and light control. By the time you have completed this course you will know more about photography than some pros! Here are some of the things we will be learning about:
- Manual control. We will be turning off the automation so you have full control of the creative process.
- How to get the most out of autofocus. We will explore the different modes and techniques to get more images in focus under any lighting conditions.
- Flash control (this is what scares most people about photography. So much so that many never even try, It’s really not that hard. I promise!). How to get more consistent and pleasing results using your flash.
- What is a scrim, gobo, reflector and how to use them.
- Metering modes. Understanding how the different metering modes work so you can know how your camera “sees” things.
- Introduction to computer manipulation, library management, color calibration, and best practices.
What you will need to bring with you for class:
- Your camera!
- Any lenses that you have.
- A memory card.
- Your flash (if you have an external one).
- A computer with Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Lightroom is recommended but not required.
- Something to write with and on!
- A love for photography and a willingness to learn!
Class is for 2 hours and includes access to the flikr.com group page where you will be able to upload your pictures for discussion and critique.
Ice & Coal Gallery
4089 Helena Rd
Tommy Daspit is a professional photographer with over 20 years of experience. He has worked as a photojournalist, commerical, portrait, and wedding photographer. Originaly from New Orleans, Tommy has lived throught the country and internationally. He now lives in the Birmingham, Alabama area with his wife and three children. His work has been published in The Dallas Morning News, Daily Chronicle, Richland Tribune, Birmingham News, W Magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, Shelby Living magazine, and countless websites.